The Manitoba Hockey Hall of Fame and Museum Inc. is an incorporated, non-profit organization dedicated to Manitoba's Hockey heritage, past, present and future.
The Manitoba Hockey Hall of Fame and Museum Inc. is dedicated to the following objectives:
- The promotion and support of the game of hockey which is a distinctive part of Manitoba's history.
- The preservation of Manitoba's Hockey Heritage "past, present and future" through the development of the Manitoba Hockey Hall of Fame and its physical presence in the MTS Centre - Winnipeg and on its website www.mbhockeyhalloffame.ca.
- The provision of assistance to hockey families who have suffered misfortune.
- To grant opportunities for youth to get involved in the sport by donations to Kidsport Manitoba so that "all kids can play".
- To donate funds to any Charitable Organization, as approved by the Board of Directors.
- To become involved in any Special Events or Programs which may contribute to the welfare of hockey and/or society in general, as approved by the Board of Directors.
Manitoba Hockey Hall of Fame and Museum Inc.
In the mid-1960s, a group of players, builders, officials and hockey supporters determined that there was a need for an umbrella organization to coordinate and maintain Manitoba's lengthy and glorious hockey heritage. The idea was to bring together under one jurisdiction, activities such as hockey dinners and the annual hockey-golf tournament as well as recognition of hockey personnel and support for the sick and less fortunate. The result was the formation of the Manitoba Hockey Players Foundation in 1967.
Over the next 30 years the Foundation undertook a wide variety of activities related to its original mandate. The Manitoba Hockey Hall of Fame and Museum was established in 1985 and located in the Winnipeg Arena. The Manitoba Ex-Pros Oldtimers team played benefit games for charity throughout the province. A scholarship program was introduced for high school and post-secondary students and an awards program for amateur officials. In 1997 in order to better reflect its expanded aims and objectives, the organization was renamed the Manitoba Hockey Foundation.
A volunteer executive and board of directors are appointed to operate the organization. Associate directors also are appointed to serve as liaison with the board in various areas of the province.
Manitoba Hockey Hall of Fame Patrons
Membership is open to all who are interested in promoting the goals and objectives of the Manitoba Hockey Hall of Fame. Any person can become a patron of the hall with a donation of $100. We encourage you to support the rich heritage of hockey in Manitoba!